Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I currently have a BEV 9242 connected to two TV's. One via HDMI in the same room as the receiver and the other by coax in another room. I also have an infrared re-transmitter linking the two rooms, allowing me to control the equipment in the first room, using an infrared remote in the 2nd room. My problem is that this works for everything but the BEV 9242. The 2nd tuner on the 9242 is typically controlled by a UHF remote (included with the receiver) in the 2nd room. But since I have the IR re-transmitter, I don't want to use the BEV UHF remote, I want to use my Harmony IR remote. So, my question is, is it possible to control the 2nd tuner, independently from the 1st tuner, using an IR remote set to a different IR channel than remote 1?

Ryan

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Simple answer

No... The Tuner 2/TV2 is controlled only by UHF Pro, while Tuner1/TV1 is by IR.
You could set up Tuner/TV1 to do that though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shucks. I have two Harmony One remotes (one in each room) and wanted to configure both on different IR channels. The Harmony 900 is too expensive!!!!

Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
The Harmony 900 would not solve your problem unless your BEV 9242 supports the Z-ware RF protocol (which I doubt). The Harmony 900 uses the Z-wave RF protocol to control its own RF to IR repeater and Z-Wave compatible devices. It's against FCC and Canadian rules for one Mfg to use another Mfg RF frequency unless they use an accepted RF protocol like Z-Wave, Bluetooth, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts