Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am located in Eastern Ontario. I am looking at aiming a 33" dish at 83°W at the cottage, northeast of Kingston. At home I have a 1.1 metre dish motorized and everything is just fine. I know the minimum recommended size of dish is 36". Does any one have any experience and success aiming a 33" in my region at 83°W? Apart from rain fades does it work OK? Any pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
can't help ya there. other than try it, see if it works if ya have to.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I am located in Eastern Ontario. I am looking at aiming a 33" dish at 83°W at the cottage, northeast of Kingston. At home I have a 1.1 metre dish motorized and everything is just fine. I know the minimum recommended size of dish is 36". Does any one have any experience and success aiming a 33" in my region at 83°W? Apart from rain fades does it work OK? Any pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
hi i'm on east coat canada in the maritimes i have a motorised 33'' on 83 W and it works fine (i have to put the USAL at 82.2 W to brab it right the satellite is a little bit hard to grab but it still works anyway

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the info. The mere fact you have a working 33" on 83°w is a good sign. I recognize the footprint might be a little deferent in our respective areas but all in all it is a good sign. The major difference between your installation and the one I propose is my dish will be fixed and not motorized, at least for the time being. Thank you for your reply!

The other option of just trying it is always open. My dilemma in doing that is I have to position everything so I can look through a hole in the tree canopy, that is more work than anything else. I have done that before on other birds and I knew it would work. If a 33" was going to produce sketchy results than it would be more hassle than it is worth.

Thanks guys for the help!

·
Registered
764 Posts
well its true that motorized or not it doesnt matter
if you look for RTV stream at 83 your next option is
using a 1 meter dish (or what is working i didnt checked) a scalar ring and a c band lnb looking at 87 as all the RTV feeds are on C band there (29 in all)itc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts