Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah, the ALU is the stand alone VDSL modem...but we don't get them any more.

They aren't great anyways. I don't even think they have passive cooling, they get really hot and if you stack them on any other device (like a Dlink or another router) they tend to die quickly (or worse, melt/burn).

·
Registered
272 Posts
For me it was the best setup. But Thanks for the head's up.
I remember that. But for me it was just on my tv stand, Just fit under my LG tv. So I could always see if net ever was out.

-Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
The actiontec is a dedicated iptv modem. Their would be no reason to sell them independently.

Though I have run across some places that sell telus modems to unsuspecting people.

·
Registered
31 Posts
if you search actiontec v1000h in some shopping comparison websites I am sure you will find them. There is a computer store in Vancouver sells unbranded version of v1000h on their website although they have to special order it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've had nothing but problems with both D-Link and Actiontec v1000h.. I finally got Tech drop off Alu dsl modem
for me.. Hooked it back up to my Linksys WRT160n, Everything working good now :)

No more disconnects. I'm happy now :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Why would anyone want to buy something that is provided by Telus for free with the service?

Alcatel modems are still available and are a solid modem, but not used in most Optik installs.

IMHO The Actiontec has been the best Optik modem that Telus has offered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody tried on of these?

ZyXEL have a reasonably priced VDSL2 modem the P870M-I1 v2 available and comparing it to the tech specs on the Actiontec, it seems to be a suitable replacement that will allow one to operate in bridge mode?

It is a little pricey (about $120) and they seem to be hard to get a hold of.

I really want to keep my Cisco ASA5505 running on my Internet, and just having the Telus Actiontec is a little frustrating to me, so was wondering if anyone has tried one of these?

ZyXEL P870M-I1 v2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts