Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Customer owned STBs do NOT incur a monthly charge, unlike an X-box which does have a $5/ month fee when used as an STB (all X-boxes are customer owned).

Customer owned STBs are subject to the installation charges if a tech has to come out.

Sorry, I don't have any info on how TELUS treats customer purchased STBs. I believe someone else on this forum did say they were able to call in and get a new reg code for their STB and they were able to hook it up themselves without a visit. Of course this was just a matter of unplugging an existing TELUS rental STB and replacing it with the one they bought. There was no new wiring required. Then the old rental STB will have to be returned to TELUS or the customer will be billed for it.

Hopefully they will see this thread and let you know. If I can find the post I'll link it for you.

- another TELUS tech

·
Banned
548 Posts
Yes, the modem/router unit is required for Optik and is included in the instal. Customers can have Optik without TELUS internet.

I don't know why anyone would choose internet from another provider if they had Optik though. The internet that is available in conjuction with Optik is a great deal IMO.

- another TELUS tech

·
Banned
548 Posts
OptikTV customers may have up to 6 STBs in total, in any combination of 330s and X-Boxes. Only one PVR (430) per account though.

Your profile doesn't change this. It doesn't matter if you have 2SD, 2SD/1HD, 2HD/1SD or 3HD/1SD you can still have up to 6 STBs in total.

- another TELUS tech

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.