Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
For the record, I have called and activated my STB myself twice, once on the initial install and once when I recently moved. I had the tech install the two boxes (PVR + 1 STB), then instead of paying to have the third one done, called in and did it myself (they include 2 boxes in the installation but you have to pay for the third).

The first time was a pain as the tech support person I had didn't know how to do it and was annoyed that I was even trying. So I hung up and called back. If your wiring is in place, it's really simple. call in, ask for tech support, tell them what you are doing and request a registration code. Power up your box, enter the code they give you when it boots up, and you're done. Simple. Took me ten minutes the second time since I knew what to ask for. The service is still new even to the tech people, so it's really just growing pains on their end. But it IS easy...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.