Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Exactly what is required for the install of the boxes?

Does the phone line connect directly to the HD PVR or is there a modem involved too?

And for each additional receiver is it just an ethernet cable that is needed between the two boxes?

And for apartment buildings where the enterphone system is tied into the phone line does anything have to be installed in the phone closet?

·
Banned
78 Posts
So Telus would have to run another phone line from the phone room up to my suite?

As for the connection, even if you're not on Telus internet they still provide a modem for the HDPVR to connect to the service?

·
Banned
78 Posts
Yes, the modem/router unit is required for Optik and is included in the instal. Customers can have Optik without TELUS internet.

I don't know why anyone would choose internet from another provider if they had Optik though. The internet that is available in conjuction with Optik is a great deal IMO.

- another TELUS tech
Thanks.

I have no reason to switch from my Shaw internet. It's reliable and I have several Shaw email addresses. TV on the other hand would be the same price as I currently pay Shaw but comes with all the goodies of the networked receiver boxes and a couple more HD channels that I like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.