Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be conflicting information regarding whether or not a customer can hook up his own purchased or rented Telus STB/PVR and call to get it activated or whether a $60 service call is required.

I know Telus' policy is to send a technician and charge the $60, but some seem to have been able to self-install their STB/PVRs.

Is there any clarification on what I can expect to happen if I were to purchase another STB and want to install it myself? Will the CSR give me the activation code or put me through the ringer?

I assume there's no additional monthly charge for extra STBs as long as they're purchased and they're not XBOXs?

-Andy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I forgot to write back about this.
I called Telus, told them that I had purchased a 330 from FS, I had the wiring in place, had the box powered up and it was asking for the activation code. Took them a little bit, but they came back with the code, charged me $150 for the service call (I guess the price has gone up) but told me that it would be credited back, which it was.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.