Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Pace Summit DCT758D from Futureshop. Does it come with any user manual or user guide at all? I could not find any in the box. There is just a user guide for the remote control.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you plan to use it as a PVR, the next and most important step would be to return it to Future Shop and buy a DCX3400 instead. I suffered with the 758D for 8 long months, barely managed to get it swapped for a 3400 since the Pace was horrible (for me and everyone else), and I've been happy ever since!

If it's only for live TV watching and you never want to add PVR functionality via an expander, then it's fine.

P.S. None of these boxes come with any instructions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At Futureshop they only have two models, the DCT758D and the other PVR.
If I return the DCT758D to FS, will they ask me questions?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
FS is usually very good about returns and has a 'no questions asked if returned in 14 days' policy, I believe.

·
Registered
223 Posts
They will ask why you're returning it (which makes sense because they want to know if it's broken or you just want something else), and you can say whatever you want. In this case the truth is the best answer, because you'd prefer one that works better with way fewer bugs. But if you say "just because" or "I changed my mind" or anything else, they still can't really say no as long as you're withint the exchange period (not sure if it's 14 days or 30 for this particular item).

The DCX3400 should be $399, but if you got the Pace and the Shaw expander, it would cost the same only work way better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts