Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40S5100 and always did my firmware updates without any problems... Except yesterday when I flashed the wrong firmware (KDL-40V5100). :(

Now, when I turn on the TV, it turns itself off after 3 seconds without anything onscreen, except for the Bravia logo for 1 second.

Of course, i've tried inserting the right firmware in the USB port, but it won't read it.

First question: is there a way I could fix it by myself and restore the initial firmware?

Second question: if not, has anybody experienced the same thing a got it fixed by a Sony certified repairman? Did they have to change the board or just did some magic with the software?

Thanks

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
UPDATE!

I fixed the problem! I called a technicial from one of the Sony certified repair shops and he suggested I unplug the TV for at least 15 minutes (I previously tried but for less then a minutes). So did unpluged it, but it was still turning off by itself after few seconds without any image. However, it kind of re-enabled the USB reader and was able to write the correct firmware. Yay!

1 - 4 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.