Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got first bill and everything seems okay except I was charged $1.00 for "US Timeshifting". Can anyone explain to me what this is, why I need it, why I have it twice and if I have to pay it?? I did do a quick search on these boards but couldn't find any concrete answers, thanks in advance!

As for what I have at the moment is:

7 themes and Premium movies ($49.00)
4 HD Theme Packs + US Time Shifting ($10.00)
Digital Standard (34.00)
US Timeshifting ($1.00)
Digital Service Fee ($3.00)

·
Registered
134 Posts
In SD, Bell has US networks from Boston and Seattle. You get one of these included as part of the digital standard package - the one closest to where you live (or where your system is registered) in Canada.

eg: If you live in Vancouver you get Seattle, if you live in Ontario, you get Boston.

If you want the other US network package (so you can watch the same shows 3 hours earlier/later); they charge $1 a month.

In the days when monthly bills were $25-35, it was an option you had to request. These days, it seems to be automatically included, and you have to ask to not have it if you don't want it.

I'm not familiar with the HD offerings on Bell - other posters indicate you get both sets of US networks automatically if you have HD reception, so they could be dropped if you only watch on HD TVs/receivers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts