Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are mentioned on the web that it's $xx per month.

The question is:
Is the 1 month based on my billing cycle or based on 1 month after I activated the US voice/data/sms add-on?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The ones marked one time fee are good for one month from the date you add it to your account. The other recurring ones are with your regular cycle.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and they (Rogers) are not going to "automatically" add that feature the following month, right?

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
No. I've purchased such travel packs before. Once it expires, it's done.
That said, just be careful not to accidentally purchase the *recurring* travel packs. The pricing scheme is different and they become part of your monthly plan. (Fido calls these "roaming add-ons.")

·
Registered
56 Posts
Be aware that if you buy add-on US minutes that they are pro-rated by the day you add it to your account. Let's say your billing cycle is the 15th. I you add on 60 minutes on that day you will pay for and get 60 minutes. However if you add the same 60 package on any other day it will be pro-rated, meaning that if you get it on the 14th you will not get 60 minutes for that billing cycle which ends the next day. I found this out the hard way.

Rogers has a three months minimum commitment for these US add-on minutes.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
according the brochure I have in my hand:

US Voice Travel Pack: 40 minute $25 one-time fee
US Data Travel Pack: 10 MB $30 one-time fee
US SMS Travel Pack: 100 SMS $25 one-time fee

There is no mention of 3-month minimum subscription.

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
My personal experience is very different.
The one-time add-on is valid for one month from date of purchase. If you use up all your time/data, additional time/data are available at the preferred rate of the voucher for the rest of the one-month period. If you don't use up the travel pack, you lose the time/data when the month is up.

@David Susilo: If you need more time/data, there are more option that what you listed. They are more expensive but better value per minute/per MB.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Downbeat, thanks for the info (which I've verified with two Rogers CSRs).

Yes I understand there are more options for all the stuff, but with the amount of exclusives that I've been invited to (BDA, Technicolor, Dolby, DTS, THX, Sony, Nagra, GutWire, Panasonic, to name a select few) I'm hoping I don't have to talk too much on the phone but mostly on BB, SMS and e-mails.

Thanks again, guys!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well I copied my bill from the Rogers wesite "US Add-On plan 120 Minutes $60.00". Maybe I should explain that this plan is for US minutes while I am in the US that allow me to call local to anywhere in conus and Canada. You I assume are calling the US from Canada. That's the difference, I guess. Sorry if I confused the issue.

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
Just for further information: Voice travel packs cover all airtime usage on your phone whether incoming or outgoing, regardless of the origin or destination of the call, while you are outside of Canada. From Fido's website for the U.S. version of the voice travel pack:
http://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fido/CoverageSupport?forwardTo=linkToUnitedStates#options
There are different packages for varying geographical areas.
I presume Rogers' travel packs are identical.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts