Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We moved into this house a couple years ago, it was built in 07-08 and was wired with speakers all over the place going to a hub in the basement including a sirius receiver which still works. It doesn't really fit too well into the boom box or the mounts used for the newer receivers cuz the back sticks out more than the new ones, I have to pry the adapter for the new radios off for it to fit. It doesn't have a model name on it, pic below.

I understand at one time they offered a lifetime package so I assume that's what the original owner of the house bought. Is there any way I can upgrade the unit to a newer one since it's in someone else's name?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah, I doubt you are going to be able to do anything. You said the account is in someone else name? Then technically the owner of the account would have to call and make the request to switch.
Then the question is will Sirius allow that considering its a lifetime package and they are not making money out of it.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
@Fisherguy just give them a call with the radio ID. You will probably need to confirm the owner information, name, address, phone number, etc., so if you have this information, you would be good to go. Swapping radios on the lifetime plan was limited to something like 3 radios (lifetime) with a transfer fee of something like $75.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting...
I know the previous owner, have all his info except his old PO number, if I call him he might want it back! :ROFLMAO:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts