Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new Bell customer as of September (switched from Rogers for everything but my cell phones) and Bell called me last night offering an upgrade from Fibe 12 to Fibe 16 for the same price, but put me on a 12-month contract ($5.00 saving for 12 months).

I agreed, but now I'm a little unsure if this is wise. Any insights?

I should also mention that I was offered a pretty decent discount when I switched for Rogers which, otherwise, probably wouldn't have made it worth the switch. I have yet to see the discounts on my bill and had called several months in a row about it. They said loyalty would be in touch with me (the situation was "under investigation"). Now I wonder if I accepted the internet upgrade if that's undo-ing what was originally promised to me for a measly $5 upgrade.

I feel like I may have been bamboozled!?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
In my case, I know for sure I don't want to "upgrade" to their new system...

I have one of the old unlimited plan, and they explained me that if I switch I will be limited to a certain amount of usage. They explained me that all plans in the last 3 years were limited, so you probably already have a plan limited to a certain usage aount, in which case that aspect woudn't matter to you

·
Registered
51 Posts
You could have recv. same discount without Contract, If you tell Bell Loyalty TEKSAVVY CABLE deal is better. Currently I have $10 Discount + Extra 40 GB without Contract

·
Registered
42 Posts
Are you sure it was bell? First time I heard bell calling their customer to offer good deal! They use to call only if you do not pay your bill! Lol!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts