Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i am currently renovating and am wanting to move my HD box down stairs. this is the one that the power insert is connected too. Bell tells me if i unplugg this from a power outlet and will loose my signal on all of my other boxes, and also that they charge $85 to come fix it.

i was wondering if this is true and if it is, is there anyway i can fix
this on my own

thanks

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
The power injector powers the SW44 switch and needs to be connected and powered for all your receivers to work properly. However, you can move the receiver, just make sure you reconnect the power injector and that it is connected to port 1 on the SW44. See the diagram in post #3 of this thread http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=79117

-Mike

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's $75 for a service call, and you shouldn't need one. If you unplug the power insertor, just plug it back in. It's best to keep it on the same line it's currently on, unless you know how to switch the cable back at the powers insertor. The power insertor should always be on the switch's output #1, or so I am told.

If you move the HD box, connect the cable it's on to output #1 at the switch, and you'll do fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts