Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an RCA LCD model RLC2609, from the manual page 6, it said the universal code is 007F. I tried 0070-0079 onto a Telus Optik TV remote. All failed
I also tried the listed codes inside the Telus Optik universal remote. They are all 4 digits.
I search the web, the RCA codes are all in 3 digits and relating to their RCA remote control models.
I tried 007 and it won't work. What code is supposed to use?

Please help out. Thank you

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
trying to program Telus remote to control the TV. There are RCA codes for CRT and HDTV in the manual. I tried all the codes, won't work. There is search/learning features to scan the codes stored inside the chips. However, there is time lagging between manufacturers, I suspect the code for RLC2609 is not burnt-in. Last time I helped my friend to enter the code of a Toshiba manually, instead of searching. The Telus remote has 0-9 numeric keys, if the code is 007F, then I don't know which key is for F. I tried numeric key 3 i.e. DEF stenciled below. It won't work.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you
I did not use my brain to translate Hex to decimal, the Telus code list for all manufacturers is 4-digits, same as I search the web. Then what kind of numbering system they are using.
If it is 127 decimal, or 177 octal, it does not match a 4-digits code.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.