Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently switched to telus optik tv and seem to get unavailable channels rather frequently... the latest channel was A&E which I have never had a problem with, with my previous provider. I was wondering if this is a real problem with Telus and how often other people experience this? I also have had to reset all of my boxes more than once so far, and was wondering if this was also an on-going problem with Telus? I have only been hooked up for 3 weeks now.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
The only unavailable channels I get are the ones I'm not subscribed to and I end up removing then from my guide. I never had a subscribed channel turn unavailable to me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've never had it happen to me. I reboot my STB's and PVR occasionally just to see if more channels have been added!

·
Registered
783 Posts
The only unavailable channels I get are the ones I'm not subscribed to and I end up removing then from my guide. I never had a subscribed channel turn unavailable to me.
Is the only way to remove unsubscribed channels from the guide by setting parental locks or building a favorites list? That was the only option on Shaw Direct. I thought it was a simple choice to block or gray out unsubscribed channels from the guide but maybe that was on the old Minerva platform?

·
Super Moderator
16,893 Posts
@highpockets007, when you have the problem, do you lose the channel on one STB or all of the STBs? If you have a blank channel, do you get a small picture-in picture image when you press the Guide button?

I've had that problem a couple of times with Mediaroom on MTS and solved it by unplugging the power from all the STBs and the router (D-Link). MTS tech support told me unplugging the router was important and I found that my problem wasn't permanently resolved until I unplugged the router.

@ae_collector, you can remove channels from your guide by pressing Menu > Settings > Television > Customize Channel Guide.

·
Registered
783 Posts
@ae_collector, you can remove channels from your guide by pressing Menu > Setup > Television > Customize Channel Guide.
Thanks Dr.Dave.
>Setup is actually SETTINGS, here in BC at least.
I had seen that screen in the past but had in my mind that you could select between subscribed channels only or all channels and that you could choose to gray out or completely delete the unsubscribed channels. Maybe that was on Minerva or maybe that is only on Bell Satellite....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Loosing TSN HD signal

I have experienced a sudden black screen while viewing TSN HD. Other channels are not affected. I find that I have to reboot the STB/PVR to get the signal back. Also, if I use the up or down arrow to do the PIP preview, I can see content but the main screen is black.

Anyone have a similar problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
A&E TV

@ High Pockets 007 - I spoke to Telus today regarding the A&E network. Telus is apparently having problems, it's something to do with satellite signal capabilities. They originally said they wouldn't do anything for me, but I spoke to a manager, and he credited me for the channel package that contains A&E for one year. This is a "known problem" that they're working on resolving - no problems with the HD channel, apparently, but my TV does not have HD capabilities. So, give them a call, and insist on compensation. The manager I spoke to was excellent. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts