Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to set up a weekly recording for back to back episodes on Pawn Stars on History HD but whenever I create the 2nd recording it removes the first. Does anyone have a work around for this? I can't believe the schedule isn't smart enough to avoid this, although I'm not suprised.

Pawn stars is on 2x 1/2 hour episodes, 9pm-9:30pm and 9:30-10pm.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Not sure if it is possible with the Rogers PVR but a workaround I use on my Bell PVR is to extend the finishing time of the first episode by 30 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts
This has been discussed often on this forum. Extending the recording will now work, as padding works on the new firmware - see the new firmware thread, read post 1 thoroughly.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=131572

Another option that some people have employed if the programme is available on two different channels is to record one on channel AAA say and the other on channel BBB. The channels must be actual different channels and not simply remaps of the same channel.

Here's a post useful for those new to the forum - FAQs, Search Tips, Optimization, etc:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

·
Registered
92 Posts
Pinza you had this problem with the Bell PVR?

I had the Bell 9200 and it never had this problem. When it set a recording it was creating a unique event, a record in a schedule recording table. I would always tape two shows with generic info back to back without any issue. An example would be to set recording one from 9-9:30, set next recording from 9:30-10.

As soon as I switched to rogers and picked up the 8300 I was so angry that it didn't support this primary basic function. When setting recording schedules each recording should be a unique event. And then you set recording 1, set recording 2 and then it would erase recording 1. Very frustrating.

I don't know why SA/Cisco/Rogers has not fixed this in the 7 years the 8300 has been on the market. Now I have the Rogers 8642 and it has the same issue as well.

Only in 2010 did their latest firmware allow the time to be extended for a custom time recording (without losing the custom time setting the next week).

It's such a basic function, you would think out of the millions of customers multiple people would have complained about it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to the AutoHD feature Rogers implemented I was actually able to schedule back to back recordings by first recording the HD channel, and setting my 2nd recording to record the History stddef channel (55). I verified and it does actually record the HD channel although the std def was selected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts