Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unable to print to my Canon MP560 wireless printer from my iMac. I used to be able to, but it seems like it is hit and miss. I don't have any problems from my wife's Windows laptop. Usually when I am not able to print, I just reboot the printer and the iMac will be able to print. Now in the print queue all I get is a "printer is busy" message. I have deleted the printer and re-added it, but with no luck. I know I have the correct IP address, as I have confirmed this on my router and PC. My iMac is plugged directly into my router and the laptop is connecting with wifi, this shouldn't have anything to do with it. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Are you using Lion?

Lion "broke" the wireless printing with some Canon printers from the "Lionized" Apple apps (the ones I've noticed are Preview - printing out PDFs - and TextEdit). So - I use PDFpen now for printing PDFs.

Not sure if the ball is in Apple's or Canon's court to fix, but it doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon. :(

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I am using Lion. However, I am unable to print from all software/app on my iMac. It doesn't seem to be connecting to the printer correctly.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I had that problem a while ago, where it would just stop connecting in all apps.

I finally assigned a fixed IP address to the printer, and then in the Printer Prefs, added that IP address (10.0.1.99) as my wireless printer - seems to have solved the random drops of the printer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts