Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few days I have had a number of issues trying to get access to the TMN OnDemand services (I do subscribe to the TMN package).

The issue is OnDemand states that I need to subscribe to the package and all of listings are greyed out. A few CSR calls and I have been told that a new server install is causing issues due to congestion.

So before I call back I want to see if anyone else is having the same problems?

Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Call back and if the CSR says something like that ask to be escalated. New VOD servers are not causing congestion. Its possible your box got missed in a authorization dump or something else is going on and it just needs to be reauthorized.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I phoned up Cogeco and they do a complete reset of the On Demand service for the receivers. All looks good now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
im in the Cornwall system, and my TMN and MPIX on demand doesn't work, says i'm not subscribed, however I am. I get the channels, but the VOD doesn't work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am having this issue as well here in Waterdown. Mostly with the "Kids on Demand" is where I noticed it. We are subscribed to all the channels, but when I go select a show from the menu they are "greyed out" and says that I have to subscribe, which I know I already do.

After exiting and re-entering the on demand screens it evenutally goes back to the normal accessable menu (ie not greyed). But it is very tedious, especially when trying to get a show on for the kids.

This happens on both my Moto 6416 and Pace RGN200N boxes, it started for me when they updated the firmware a month or two ago. Ever since the "NEW" started showing up in the titles block.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have to call them. In order to get the On Demand service to work for me properly the CSR had to do a complete rebuild of the On Demand settings for each of my set tops. Basically cancel the On Demand from my account and then rebuild it. Process takes a few hours as each of your boxes. You can watch tv after first half hour, but the On Demand services need a couple of hours to redownload.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I called and they offered me (without having to ask) a week's credit for TMN. They told me all I can do is wait, and it should be resolved within another week. grr!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been having this problem off and on for the past couple weeks. I'll go into the On Demand service and check something out, and everything will be greyed out as if I'm not subscribed, even if it's non-subscription based. If I exit out and try it a few more times, it will eventually kick in and work fine. Happened earlier when I was trying to put on some earlier episodes from this season's Dexter for my sister to catch up on before tonight's finale. Took me 4-5 tries before it kicked in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same deal for me. My On Demand stopped working a week ago Monday. All I get when I try to access is a greyed out menu saying I need to be a subscriber. Called three times and all three times was told "we're working on it at the highest level" Apparently it's a system wide issue. Surprised there's not been more chatter on here about this. For such a big company to not have functionality for a major part of their service, this is NOT good.

At least they comped me a week's service for my cable and PVR rentals.

If you haven't done so, I'd call them up and demand at least a weeks credit for all your TV related services.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I believe the issue is intermittent and you should try again a few minutes after the initial error, it is more likely to happen on peak usage time...

·
Registered
1 Posts
TMN On Demand listed but not available

I'm a new subscriber to Cogeco and have tried calling customer service but have been on hold forever. Can anyone tell me why for example on TMN on Demand Season 1 and 2 of Durham County is listed but has no shows available. Are they no longer available and if so why is the season choice listed? Season 3 seems ok. Thanks in advance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts