Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently picked up the panasonic SA-XR50 receiver and I was interested in using Flex-Pin connectors when connecting to the receiver's speaker spring clips.

http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/ultflexpin4.html

Does anyone know where I can purchase ULTRALINK FLEX-PIN connectors here in Toronto as the Monster Cable version at Future Shop seem overpriced?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Glad to see my recommendation is still making the rounds! I took the last of the Flex-pins I had in stock at my store for my XR10. They work perfectly for this application! Any UltraLink dealer would be able to order them in for you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. And yes Johnny, it was your recommendation at AVSForums that led me down this "connection path" for the Panasonic spring clips.

However, I've ended up going with the Ultrlink Compression-Fit pins. According to the rep at Ultralink they are a higher quality connector.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I use the compression fit banana plugs on all my speaker ends. I'm not sure how the pins could be better, really. The contact area is going to be wayyy smaller with pins than with the flex-pins. Have you installed them yet? I'm not sure there's enough space between the terminals to accomodate the pins.

Trust me...I've used them all and the flex pins are the best choice for this application.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
What do people use at the speaker end? My speakers are not the greatest and as such only have those grip connectors. Is it possible and better to have pin connectors or something else at this end rather than just sticking the wire in?

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Better? No, not really. Prettier? Absolutely! The UltraLink flex-pins discussed here are perfect for that type of application.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I couldn't agree more. Just re-wired my system -- Ultralink (reference series) wire, with Ultralink (compression fit) banana plugs on all ends. I won't be changing anything soon -- it looks good, it sounds the same!! :) Cheers!

·
Banned
6,296 Posts
I use some screw type compression banana pins. They are gold plated and make a very good connection. Not sure about the brand though. They retail is about $5 but they may be had for less through local A/V retailers and are reusable. The store I get them from purchases them in bulk, not shrink wrapped. I doubt the monster priced stuff sounds any better.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
They sound like the banana plugs I have: gold compression fit. Mine were also sold in bulk from a local AV dealer. The brand I have is called Pheonix Gold. I got 10 for $20 plus tax.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts