Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
You could also lobby your Canadian OTA TV providers to do the same and carry some of these type of networks on your spectrum.
I do believe they all have social media pages,like facebook, etc for starters.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I do get WUTV(Fox29 Buffalo) through Rogers Cable here in Markham, Ontario but I do not get any of its sub channels like 29.2 or 29.3(GritTV).

Any idea if GritTV is available through Rogers cable?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Grit is only available through the Antenna. Lots of good sub channels available through OTA. Channel 7 have sub channels like LAFF and ESCAPE and 49 has 3 of them ASN Comet and GET TV, WGRZ has 2 with Antenna TV and Justice TV.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a Sony HDTV, about 6 years old. Do I need a special receiver for the OTA channels or just plug in the antenna and search through TV?

·
Registered
880 Posts
You can use fool tv, but you can also use the FCC reception maps here.
The Digital TV Transition: Reception Maps

As long as your TV has a ATSC tuner, you can just plug in the antenna, and set your TV to Antenna mode.

You might need a external antenna depending were you are located. Do some research. Google, Channel Master, Antennas Direct, Winegard, and HD Frequency Cable Cutter Antennas.

And like another post indicated, go to the OTA section, and there is a lot of info available.

·
Registered
741 Posts
You could also lobby your Canadian OTA TV providers to do the same and carry some of these type of networks on your spectrum.
Up here the providers have shown zero interest in carrying subchannels. Except for a tiny handful of independents, all of our OTA channels are held by cable/sat providers who have no interest in expanding their OTA viewership. If the rules allowed it, they'd shut off the transmitters tomorrow. It's so bad that even some of the CRTC members at the hearings needed to be educated on what was possible with antennas and subs...and they're the #$&@ regulators.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Weigel Broadcasting Co. to Launch New "Start TV" Network in Association with CBS Television Stations beginning Monday, September 3, 2018

"The Closer," "Medium," "The Good Wife," "Crossing Jordan," "Cold Case," "Profiler" and "The Division" are among the featured series.

CBS Television Stations will add Start TV to their stations including WWJ Detroit, which should be accessible by some Canadian antennas.

For more on Start TV, visit www.starttv.com.

Full Press Release

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Escape, an established multicast network owned by E.W. Scripps’ Katz Networks, will rebrand itself as Court TV Mystery on September 30. (Deadline)

141 - 153 of 153 Posts