Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A U.S. federal judge on Tuesday granted the music industry's request to shut down the popular LimeWire file-sharing service, which had been found liable for copyright infringement, the company said.

The ruling requires LimeWire to "disable the searching, downloading, uploading, file trading and/or file distribution functionality, and/or all functionality of the software," according to LimeWire.

The decision halts one of the world's biggest services for allowing consumers to share music, movies and TV shows for free over the Internet.
http://www.financialpost.com/news/court+shuts+down+LimeWire+music+sharing+service/3730291/story.html

·
Registered
543 Posts
lame, but what did you expect?

Doesn't matter, where one site goes down, 5 others pop up. They industry can try all it wants, it will never stop the cycle.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
So I hear that Limewire is back as LPE or Limewire Pirate Edition. It includes all the Pro features for free now and has all the Adware Spyware junk gone or so it says. Ive never been one for Limewire but that sure didn't take long.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
No I havent'. But from what I understand you can' t download willy nilly for free...you can only download non-copyrighted protected songs. All others you either pay 99c per song; or you pay a monthly subscription. So it's nothing like Limewire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts