Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a prepaid customer. I have never requested texting service, and I am pretty sure that it's not included in my very basic plan.

BUT -- a couple of weeks ago I started to get calls on my land line. They were said to be from my cell phone. My cell phone received corresponding texts saying that a message had been sent to my land line. A couple of times I got texts on my cell phone telling me that if I wanted to know more about this "service" to go to rogers.com/txt2landline. But that page is not obtainable.

I had a long phone session with various Rogers folk. They sounded local. But the whole thing seemed to be a mystery to them and they were no help at all.

These calls come at any time of the night. They are _very_ annoying.

Anybody got anything to pass on about this?

Thanks.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
That's a very old link and likely has not been used for several years. My guess is something weird happened at Rogers and the CSR simply haven't been notified.

The key is, Did Rogers confirm you wouldn't be charged for anything.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
if you have a cellphone weather its rogers or fido, and send a text message to a landline number, since its impossible to send to landlines, rogers has a service that will still deliver the message, but it will use its in-house technology to convert it to a voice call, and will call the party and relay the text message as speech to the number, or deposit it as a voice mail if no one answers.

its been around for years, and some people leave their keyguard unlocked and their cellphones will send texts to landline numbers and they do not know why they see these mysterious charges on their phone bills.

it happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts