Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if 2 HD PVR's (CIS430) be used within the same household?

Recognizing that one may only have the capability of a digital STB.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Due to the price that FS will be selling them at later today. It looks as though the 430's may be cheaper than the 330's. Hence my curiosity.

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
Mediaroom supports only one PVR per 'account'. Having more than one would mess with the whole-home bandwidth and stream management capabilities of Mediaroom.

You can't run a PVR as a "dumb" STB since the "GUID" on the box identifies whether it is a PVR or not.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Only one PVR per account. Mediaroom is based on the 'whole home' PVR, multiples aren't supported.

- another TELUS tech

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cis430 vs cis330 as second or third box

If cis430 PVRs are the same price as CIS330 receivers on a sale would it make sence to buy all 430s? I understand only one will act as a PVR and the others as 330s. True? Are there any usability differences? Remote control differences? Any other reason not to do that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
If cis430 PVRs are the same price as CIS330 receivers on a sale would it make sence to buy all 430s?
It's a wash really. I guess you'd have a spare 430, but probably the 330 would last much longer since it doesn't have a hard drive.
I understand only one will act as a PVR and the others as 330s. True?
From what I've heard, that's true.
Are there any usability differences? Remote control differences? Any other reason not to do that?
Not as far as I've heard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts