Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
761 - 775 of 775 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hmm... i guess the Samsung LCD here has the same problem as one of PanaMark's TV's then.

Rounding up what works/doesn't:
[As of 3am today]

CICO-32 -still 480i: Works fine on Samsung LCD, choppy audio on Tivax D2A, "No Program" error message on Zinwell D2A, Centronics HD box (zat502hd) picture aspect messed up but it works.

CICO-33 -in 1080i: Samsung LCD does not like it and hangs upon tune in attempt but worked fine a couple days ago, Tivax D2A works, Zinwell D2A works great, Centronics HD box (zat502hd) works properly.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a 22" Samsung (don't know the model number off-hand - I think it has "330" in it) - manufacture date August 2008 (the only digital TV I have). TVO 18.1 (london) has been fine on it ever since that station went digital. Nice 1080i picture.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Last night I dropped TVO another friendly reminder, to let them know of the issues with convertors, its now been an entire week without service for some, suggested that maybe they should turn to CBC for some technical assistance.

·
Registered
190 Posts
sorry if this is a faq (did not see anything about it, but cookies to doughnuts it's been touched upon even if i did not find any post on this), but is there any plans to bring tfo ota to the ottawa region?

tfo's ota absence in the ottawa-gatineau region really sticks out like a sore thumb -- it's not like ottawa is some remote backwater village... :-\

cheers.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Regarding TFO, I wouldn't go that far saying it's discussed at length already. I'd really like to know what instances are the best way to getting through to them. My messages to a member of the OTELFO's CCP didn't go very far. And I haven't heard anybody else finding contact info to get through to them directly, so please share this information if you find anything.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Phil81 said:
CICO-33 -in 1080i: Samsung LCD does not like it and hangs upon tune in attempt but worked fine a couple days ago, Tivax D2A works, Zinwell D2A works great, Centronics HD box (zat502hd) works properly.
Back to decoding fine on Samsung LCD tonight, and on everything else too. Hope this keeps up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
33-1 still in 1080i but has lost it's programming data. Perhaps to fix the fact that it would show what was currently on, but next show was just "TVO Program"

·
Registered
229 Posts
TVO fixed the PSIP program titles for Saturday Night at the Movies last night. We actually got movie titles this week. Glad to see that, thanks TVO. Descriptions are still cut off after a few lines; they don't supply the full descriptions (my TV can display several pages of PSIP program descriptions). I'm very grateful they have PSIP program titles and descriptions, most stations here in Ottawa still don't.

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
That's good news, Fota. I similarly disliked the generic title.

761 - 775 of 775 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.