Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
741 - 760 of 775 Posts

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
I believe TVO is currently broadcasting at reduced power. Normally it booms in at almost 30 SNR but right now, it's down by half that amount at around 15 SNR here in Oakville. Must be because of RF safety with all the people currently working in the tower tonight.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Toronto TVO 19.1: I'm noticing that all of my tuners have trouble initializing connection with this station but once acquired it's a strong steady signal. I'm thinking it's the result of multi-path signals which the analog 19 always had in my area rendering the station unwatchable in my home. Anyone else experience this phenomena?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yup signal is weak here also for 19.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like TVOntario on channel 32 in Windsor is out for good. I can get 32.1 crystal clear with no issues but 32 analogue is all snow. Currently waiting for CBC to make the switch and I'll be keeping my eye on Radio-Canada down here to see if it goes digital or not. For some reason I havent been able to get any signal (analogue or digital) from CTV Two all day, will watch it also.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Looks like TVOntario on channel 32 in Windsor is out for good. I can get 32.1 crystal clear with no issues but 32 analogue is all snow. Currently waiting for CBC to make the switch and I'll be keeping my eye on Radio-Canada down here to see if it goes digital or not. For some reason I havent been able to get any signal (analogue or digital) from CTV Two all day, will watch it also.
As discussed at http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=107972&page=37 CIII-DT-32 converted many days ago and the analog signal is gone. As for the other stations, CBC should be switching momentarily while Radio-Canada (CBEFT) has switched from 54 to 35 earlier today. CHWI also converted last night.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The last time I tried (approx 11:00 am on the 31st), a scan got me 32.1 audio only. I could manually punch in 32.3 and get both picture and sound but it wouldn't stay in the memory and would have to be done manually again. Haven't tried the HD box yet but it looks like there is still a problem (at least for the two Sonys I tried).

·
Registered
638 Posts
I was able to get 26 from Belleville, barely. 480i however.

·
Registered
194 Posts
@wilspin - welcome to our 480i world down here in the Windsor area. TVO 32-3 has not been 1080i since it went digital on August 18th....bummer!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
@wilspin - welcome to our 480i world down here in the Windsor area. TVO 32-3 has not been 1080i since it went digital on August 18th....bummer!!!
Thsanks OTAnut, luckily I have a choice if I swing aroud 180 it's 1080i from CN tower.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Is TVO the only station that is not announcing their call sign properly?
I compared the PAT table in their stream (using TSreader) with CBC seems the same but the TV does not identify them as TVO-xx in the channel display.

·
Registered
508 Posts
OTANUT said:
+1
None too pleased here with the continuing issues with CICO-DT 32 and even CICO-DT 33 from Chatham.

It's been two weeks now with the same problems remaining. Windsor's TVO only decodes [480i] on around half the tuners here, while TVO Chatham 1080i signal works great...that is.. when it works. Today and right at this moment all I'm getting is a black screen with good signal once again.

·
Registered
849 Posts
OK i do get 1080i here in London but now 18-1 TVO RF18 has 100% signal strength yet no picture on one of my three sets........

·
Registered
123 Posts
Two Sony TVs and one Samsung HD box, no picture on TVs, no signal on box. TVs do work on .3 but do not retain memory. Last checked 11:00 am Sept.01/11.

741 - 760 of 775 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.