Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
721 - 740 of 775 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
robman50, 19.1 Toronto is in it's final configuration. Alternatively, you could try for 28.1 Paris/Kitchener.

·
Registered
551 Posts
TVO CICO - 32. I was using a Gridlink GLT- 200 converter box, but have been seeing a "No Program" on the tv. Changed to GE 22729 converter box and now can see the show.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well I stated the same issue 3 days ago, I have 4 sets , 2 with built in tuners and 2 on convertor boxes, the built in tuners work the tuner boxes don't, I guess the lesson here is the Canadians should have been doing ramped up testing like the Americans did, I am sure we can expect the same crap from the CBC when they come on line this Wednesday.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I wonder why Cloyne and Belleville are only 480i? I wonder if there is a way they can retransmit in 1080i like they did along the 401 west corridor (Windsor, London, etc)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I found that I have to disconnect the antenna from the Sony and do a full scan to erase all channels. I then start a new scan with the antenna re-connected, disconnect when it gets near the TVO channel, then re-connect after it's gone past. This gives me all my channels except TVO, which if I manually enter it, I get both picture (still 480i) and sound. If I do another scan after that, it's back to audio only. Me thinks there may still be a problem with their encoding.

·
Registered
194 Posts
TVO 32-1 Windsor

Response from TVO technician on Monday, August 29th:

"Thank you for contacting TVO. What you are describing is very likely related to a PSIP problem that we have identified with our Windsor transmitter since the digital conversion. We are going to be testing some new equipment today and likely installing it tomorrow. If you find that your reception problems persist beyond tomorrow, and you have tried rescanning at that time, please feel free to write back to [email protected] and we will investigate your situation further. Your patience in the meantime is much appreciated."

The problem may be corrected today!!!!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Supposedly the stations with 1080i are terrestrially repeating it amongst sites repeating it from Toronto, except Ottawa which gets it fibred in. Cloyne and Belleville are outside of the range of those transmitters, so need to rely on TVO's satellite feed, which at this time is only 480i. If and when they get a HD satellite feed, those transmitters should be upgraded to HD, and the 401 west corridor stations should get a reliable 1080i feed as well.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I too received a similar response as OTANUT, TVO should be praised for being pro-active by offering an Email address ([email protected]) and responding to concerns, hopefully the other last 2 straglers CBET and CHWI will do similar.

·
Registered
71 Posts
TVO 32 Windsor

Program just went down, and a "We'll be back shortly" card is up in it's place (with a little Station Logo Here bug at the bottom). Could things finally be fixed?

UPDATE: Well, it is back, but no still no program info and no 1080i.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Early this morning (like around 2-3am) TVO Chatham fell back to 480i but almost as fast was back to HD again. I don't believe CICO-32 has ever once broadcast a 1080i stream since the Aug 18th flash cut date. They must have some pretty big problems over there for it to take this long.

·
Registered
805 Posts
TFO

Why won't TVO and TFO share?

The Ottawa-Gatineau would benefit from having TFO in anamorphic 480p on 24-2.

-gmd

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
gmd, you are preaching to the choir. Sharing infrastructure by using subchannels is a fraction of the cost of running everything in-house.

TFO could share with any station, actually. TVO happens to be a historical fit, but nothing can stop TFO to partner with another station.

If you want it done, contact TFO. I did... actually I contacted someone on the OTELFO "CCP".

·
Registered
741 Posts
1143pm midtown Toronto.

TVO on my Homerun is 100% signal strength and only 38% Quality. Can't get a lock. It's been fine up until this evening.

721 - 740 of 775 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.