Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Fibe.
I have a 2262 PVR and one 2202 and 2205 all connected via Gigabit twisted pair networks.

I have observed one issue that I cannot seem to work around.
The remote receivers (2202 and 2205) cannot see the recorded list UNLESS the television connected to the 2262 is turned on.

I tested this several times yesterday and the results were repeatable.
TV on, all receivers can see the recorded show list. Turn it off, and the PRV turns itself off, and the lists become unavailable.

I have rebooted all devices, including the Home 2000 router.
All Receivers are connected to the Home2000 router.
All TVs are connected via HDMI jacks.
All receivers can watch live TV.

I was unable to turn on the PVR with the tv off. I did press the power button on the box. No green light.
With the TV on, the PVR works wonderfully.

Does any of this ring a bell (sorry for the bad pun!) with anyone?
Do I just need to live in hope of some software upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
56,523 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah, I also thought it was likely the HDMI-CEC feature on the TV.

A quick test would be to pull the HDMI cable from the PVR and see if it works OK.

elyk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try that tonight - was on the phone with BELL last night for over an hour (Tier 2)
They have concluded the PVR needs replacement... but I am 'liking' your suggestions better.
It just makes more sense.

I did search the TV menu for some strange HDMI type option - but failed to find one. Now I have a better idea of possible names to look for.
TV is a Sharp Aquos about a year old if that provides any further insight.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
56,523 Posts
I've added a list of trade names to the FAQ. For Sharp one option is Aquos Link. Download the operating manual and search the pdf.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: I did find the Aquos Link options, but no matter what I did with them, the issue remained.
So I tried Elyk's brilliant suggestion of pulling the HDMI cable out.. and EVERYTHING STARTED WORKING NORMALLY.
I tried power cycling the TV, connecting the cable to the unplugged TV, etc and the conclusion seemed to be if the TV had power, it was doing SOMETHING via the HDMI cable to the PVR which was causing issues.

So, being far too curious, I tried swapping the 2202 (wired remote receiver) and the 2262 (PVR) - the thought being it might be an issue with the Sharp Aquos tv... and after the boot ups, everything continued to function correctly.

What I did NOT test was swapping the HDMI cable. I doubt the cable itself was the issue - but cannot be certain.
(The cable for the Sharp TV is longer(maybe 10 ft) than the one supplied by Bell and passed through a conduit in the wall to the wall mounted tv.)

I would have PREFERRED to have the PVR at the original location (connected to the Sharp Aquos tv), but can live with it swapped with the 2202.

I cancelled the Bell tech visit for today as he was just supposed to swap the PVR, and I didn't anticipate that helping at all.

Thanks everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts