Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am hoping to move into the subject area by mid-2011.

Currently on the south shore of Montreal,living in a condo that owns and operates its own TV system - combo of local OTA & subscribed satellite channels (such as Bravo, Space, Showcase, etc.)

Am wondering what options there are in the Kingston area -- cable & satellite.

Was referred to this forum from dslreport where I was told that the only cable is Cogeco and that it wasn't very good.

Would appreciate others' comments and suggestions of what to look for/expect.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'll see you there, dhealy!

I, too, am moving to K-town in 2011 and have the same concerns.

I do plan to explore the OTA options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Stampeder, but I've little or no interest in OTA. I was looking for info on Cable & Satellite providers.

Should I be posting this question in another forum?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Donnybrook. Based on what I've bene reading here, Shaw looks like my best bet. Mind you, several of the properties I'm looking into are condos, and I'll be stuck with whatever they allow.

Again thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Shaw doesn't provide any cable / internet service in the Kingston area -- as you mentioned earlier, it's only Cogeco in terms of cable and related services (or any resellers if they make such arrangements).

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
I think he probably means Shaw Direct for the TV programming side of things, with Internet via another provider.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BayStBoi: Stampeder has it right. I was referring to Shaw Direct (Satellite) for TV. (Again assuming if I end iup in a condo they allow satellite dishes.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts