Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I finally went a bought a TV. KDL55HX701..$1499 at FS...didn't mind that it wasn't LED ..blacks seemed great in store but once I got mine home there was a crack in the screen..brought it back no problems but there wasn't any replacements. They had a LG 55LE5300 demo for 1400$. It was on the show room floor since Oct 14. What I do love about the LG over the sony is that it reads soooo many Video formats right off a flash stick..the sony doesn't..but
What kind of concerns should I have about buying demo or is it better to stay away.
The difference between the 2 is only 100$
The other offer was the KDL55EX713 for 100$ more

thanks

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

The LG is more tweakable and more capable if concerned about image accuracy.

I buy open box stuff all the time and demo stuff. One thing for almost sure is that you won't have DOA issues. The TV is well past that. If these sets only last for a year, then maybe 2.5 months matters. Well they are supposed to last for 10+ years ... (knock on wood)

I have a 1080p samsung plasma as a demo ... it had 1700 hours on it ... still ticking along fine 3 years later. My Sharp 52" LCD demo rolls along fine.

IF the set is on the floor ... at least you can check for stuck pixels ... and just because it is a demo does not mean it is more prone to dead or stuck pixels.

Regards

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Michael
Would you or anyone know if the 55LE5300 can read all or any of the below formatted drives
fat32
NTFS
HFS Plus
I ask since I have ripped my DVDs as Mpeg2's and they are all more than 4 gig in size
Correct me if I am wrong but fat32 is limited to 4 gig and under? which would mean that the other 2 wold be required to view such a movie
As I mentioned in the above thread I was impressed by how many formats it supported

1 - 3 of 3 Posts