Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the Bell Turbo Stick u998 hardware, on the $65/month 5Gb plan. I'm very close to a Bell tower (less than 1Km) and get excellent service all of the time.

My question is this.. should I move to a Turbo Hub?

Reason I ask this question, is that the Turbo Hub offers a similarly priced plan $60/month, but would provide me 2x the consumption at 10Gb. I definitely could use the additional usage as I currently monitor my usage and typically have to 'shut down' internet use near the end of my monthly billing period to stay below my 5Gb.

What am I going to lose moving to a Turbo Hub? Seems like my u998 offers "up to 21Mbs" and the Turbo Hub is "up to 7.2Mbs".

Am I going to notice a performance hit? Really, I'm not seeing greater than 7.2Mbs down right now anyways..

I appreciate any feedback that will help me with my decision.

Oh.. any feedback on voice on the Turbo Hub would be great too. What's the purpose of tapping my phone line into the Hub?

Thanks again all!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did a bit more reading on the voice side, think I understand that now. Sounds like for $30/month I can get the same 'home phone' type features that I'm currently paying $37/month, except I'll be using the mobile network.

All in all it looks like a $12/month savings and internet consumption going from 5Gb to 10Gb if i switch from my u998 stick to a Turbo Hub.

Just need some feedback on any performance or technical differences I might see moving from the stick to hub.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts