Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen anyone post about this streaming service. Located at Tubi.tv . Its completely Free, you can choose to register or not, and it still works. They have tons of content, and really good content too. Better than any free OTT streaming service i've seen so far. Of course their are ads but not that many, and much of the tv show content is ad free. Really worth checking this one out. Also, their U.S. and Canadian content seem to be identical. I would love to see this app added to Rogers Ignite. No VPN is required either.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, been using it for years. Has some good movies and documentaries, including some older ones. Lots of stuff on there that I'm not interested in (but the same could be said for Netflix). It inserts some commercials at weird times in the middles of scenes, though... but that's a small price to pay for totally free streaming.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
It seems to have an odd mixed content. Some decent stuff.. and a lot of B grade tv/movie stuff as well.

My guess is they are a company who buys up rights to things that others havent/dont want yet.

At least they are good about it, that they make it all available to stream.
(vs say those companies which buy up rights to stuff.. pretty much for the right to be able to try and SUE people who download it, etc)

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tubi_TV
Tubi is an American streaming service based in San Francisco, California, United States, that launched in 2014. It is a free, ad-supported service, with advertisements shown during unskippable commercial breaks during programming. It is the largest independently owned video service in the United States, with over 15,000 movie and television series currently available.

·
Super Moderator
16,391 Posts
Tubi, which bills itself as the “world’s largest” ad-supported video on demand (AVOD) service, said it reached 25 million monthly active users as of December 2019. It continues its international rollout — adding Mexico, the UK and other territories this year to its existing footprint in the U.S., Canada and Australia. (Deadline)

·
Registered
66 Posts
It should be free - any smart TV/ROKU will get it, no cable/satellite needed.

Just download the app.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It will be permanently FREE. Completely ad supported. Comcast also offers it on their Xfinity platform in the U.S.A.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tubi does not have any original content, but the content they do have is decent, and they have lots of it. What I do like is that they basically mirrored their U.S. and Canadian content, pretty much the same. Whether or not they produce their own stuff in the future is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
It seems a lot of people have no idea what Tubi TV was, I been watching it for close to 2 years. It shows FREE Movies and Shows, though they are not newer shows theyre a bit older but meh theyre FREE, and yes just like Antenna or TV, theres commercials, which I absolutely DO NOT mind as it keeps the service free and they are very minimal. This app is now been made available to Rogers Ignite TV system, so nothing changed with the app other than a major cable company is carrying it. My sister has had this app on her Roku TV for a while.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Who cares if its old content, with a huge portion of the globe being affected by the slowdown of the economy, less and less people will have money to spend on tv or streaming subscriptions so the free ones like tubi are looking better and better every day.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the fact that its a free service makes it more attractive to cable operators as it literally costs them nothing to provide, and appears as a value added benefit to a customer. Up until now, i've been watching through a browser on my computer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Had not heard of Tubi until I saw it mentioned in this forum. Thanks to that I downloaded the app to my firestick yesterday and finally got to see an Australian movie I had been trying to find for years.
There was only one commercial break and that was for one 30 second if that ad.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I echo the other reports.

I’ve watch a 2h15 movie on the service. And I only got one ad about 30 minutes in, for Tubi themselves.

Can’t complain about quality and Apple TV integration. It works quite well.

Ed7789
Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts