Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TSN press release:
TSN2 hits the pitch with live coverage of UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying from Group G featuring Wales vs. England on Saturday (March 26) at 10:55 a.m. ET. The two clubs square off at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, as the home team looks to best its British neighbours in the Dragons' first game with new manager Gary Speed at the helm.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Caught this news on the blogs. Very nice, especially considering it normally might cost us a lot of money.

Not seeing it in the guide. Refreshed it all a couple times now too.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I'm happy to say I helped get this on the air by getting a bunch of people to email TSN asking for it. Glad they came though.

For anyone wondering, Adrian Healey and Robbie Mustoe will call the match. I presume they will call it off monitor from Bristol.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Yes, I am the author/editor/everything else. I got fans to email TSN through there and Twitter and apparently it worked. Or it was just a strange coincidence they added it the day after a bunch of people emailed them.

Either way, I'm glad its on.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
You sure? It wasn't added until Wednesday. Hadn't been scheduled before then.

The game is airing on TSN2 because England get amazing ratings and ESPN has North American rights to all EURO qualifying games except England home games. The fact that it is on ESPN2 is a factor, but I wouldn't call it the reason.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts