Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

TSN2 to launch "That's Hockey Tonight", compete with "Hockeycentral Tonight"

5K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Dean W 
#1 ·
TSN2 to launch "That's Hockey Tonight", compete with "Hockeycentral Tonight"

TSN2 is launching a show to go head-to-head against Hockeycentral tonight. Steve Kouleas will host with Matthew Barnaby and Kerry Fraser acting as analysts.

t's the ultimate hockey highlight show and it's coming to TSN2, as the highly-anticipated nightly hockey program, THAT'S HOCKEY 2NITE, premieres Tuesday, Feb. 1 at 11 p.m. ET, live from the show's brand new studio at Canada's Sports Leader.

Airing weeknights on TSN2, THAT'S HOCKEY 2NITE wraps up the day that was in the NHL with instant analysis, extended game highlights and opinion on all the best goals, saves, plays and sound bites from around the league.
Host Steve Kouleas brings his encyclopaedic NHL knowledge and unbridled passion for the game to THAT'S HOCKEY 2NITE, and is joined by the show's main hockey analyst, Matthew Barnaby, along with TSN's hockey experts and Insiders.
http://www.tsn.ca/shows/thatshockey2nite/

#7 ·
One thing I find interesting is that they will experment with using Kerry Fraser as part of the show. Not sure whe has any on-air experience but I think Fox has done well during its football coverage having the former head of officiating chime in when needed so this will be interesting to see...

#15 ·
Fraser isn't a regular. My understanding is that he will show up when something controversial happens like a head shot or wrongly-called goal.

I liked it. It seemed very un-TSN like. I'm not the biggest fan of Kouleas or Barnaby, but they are better than the HockeyCentral guys. I liked the extended highlights. The only thing I didn't like was showing the highlights of the Canucks, Flames and Canadiens games twice. I really liked that they didn't lead off with the Leafs. I find it odd that they get the nice, new studio, while the NHL on TSN guys are stuck in the studio they have used for years.

#18 ·
Just watching the short version of TH2N on TSN at 10:30pm, and I love how Kerry Fraser debuted on the show with the controversial sens-red wings goal.

I will definitely watch this show every night instead of Hockey Central. I just like the whole TSN thing where they are all class, dress up in suits and ties, etc compared to Sportsnet.

#20 ·
I like it, and have always enjoyed "Koulie" from when he was on The Spin on the Score. Just wish he had brought Steve Ludzik (Ludzie) with him instead of Barnaby or Ferraro. Mike Johnston isn't bad - better than the other two.

Also wish they would incorporate some of the features that were on the Spin, with the exception of Al Strachan!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.