Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

141 - 143 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
What this all says to me is that TSN continues to be asleep at the wheel.

According to Mike, the TSN morning show is now down to a 1.1 rating. More people are snooping in on my discussion with my kids on the ride to school in the morning then are listening at a 1.1 rating. The window to take mornings and perhaps change the listening habits for the rest of the day remains open while Blundell is on at the fan. Is anyone at TSN paying any attention????? Does anyone care?
http://torontosportsmedia.com/sports-and-toronto/toronto-sports-radio-ratings-nuttiness/19940

·
Registered
341 Posts
If McCown leaves, there's pretty much nothing left on any of the two Toronto sports radio stations. He's the last one they still allow to get away with being irreverent. As I heard Mark Hebscher back in December explain starting at about 1:01:30 into this (before he spent a much longer time relating the amusing tale of how CHCH-TV fired him), if the radio stations have the same owners as the sports teams, there's no fun allowed.
Mark Hebscher / December 15 - RECENT SHOWS

I tried listening to TSN1050 a couple of times for a few minutes this week during a.m. and p.m. drive times, and Hebscher is correct -- it has all the excitement, personality, and humour of a Ken Dryden speech that goes on and on and on.

141 - 143 of 143 Posts