Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I don't find RDS to be that bad. Pierre Houde is a great play-by-play. Benoit Brunet is pretty bad though. I have never noticed any problems with their HD coverage.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
NorthernThunder: One thing to add. If the game is on RDS and TSN-Habs only, and this will happen. It will not be on CI. It will be on GCL though.
WHY would it not be on CI? If no away feed is available CI will at least pickup the RDS feed at the least, if not the TSNA feed...

·
Registered
18 Posts
NorthernThunder: One thing to add. If the game is on RDS and TSN-Habs only, and this will happen. It will not be on CI. It will be on GCL though.
I guess that answers whether or not I should get Centre Ice. Every Montreal Canadiens game is on RDS so it seems pointless for me to get it, to watch and English-language broadcast.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I am not totally sold on what the CSR says...

also re: NHL GCL, it is included for free as part of subscribing to NHL CI, at least on Rogers

·
Registered
399 Posts
Just two quick corrections, the Habs have 45 english games (29 on HNIC + 16 on TSN) and the Leafs have 41 (24 on HNIC + 17 on TSN).

·
Registered
399 Posts
That is correct DSgamby, every Saturday Habs game this season is on HNIC. All eight of the Saturday Habs games have aired at 1900h eastern, (7:00 pm).

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
What do you mean Northern Thunder? This is the list of Habs games on CBC Montreal so far this season straight from CBC's online schedule

Thu 10/7, 7:00pm - Montreal @ Toronto
Sat 10/9, 7:00pm - Montreal @ Pittsburgh
Sat 10/16, 7:00pm - Ottawa @ Montreal
Sat 10/23, 7:00pm - Montreal @ Ottawa
Sat 10/30, 7:00pm - Florida @ Montreal
Sat 11/6, 7:00pm - Ottawa @ Montreal
Sat 11/13, 7:00pm - Carolina @ Montreal
Sat 11/20, 7:00pm - Toronto @ Montreal
Sat 11/27, 7:00pm - Buffalo @ Montreal

CBC has 4 more Canadiens games scheduled in December. One on Saturday afternoon, one on Friday night, one on Thursday night and one on Saturday night. All of them will air on the full CBC network.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I apologize for my faulty memory. I don't know if I have been able to watch all those games on CBC Montreal, from here in Ontario. I'll have to take note of that.

·
Registered
399 Posts
NB Josh posted
Thu 10/7, 7:00pm - Montreal @ Toronto
Sat 10/9, 7:00pm - Montreal @ Pittsburgh
Sat 10/16, 7:00pm - Ottawa @ Montreal
Sat 10/23, 7:00pm - Montreal @ Ottawa
Sat 10/30, 7:00pm - Florida @ Montreal
Sat 11/6, 7:00pm - Ottawa @ Montreal
Sat 11/13, 7:00pm - Carolina @ Montreal
Sat 11/20, 7:00pm - Toronto @ Montreal
Sat 11/27, 7:00pm - Buffalo @ Montreal

CBC has 4 more Canadiens games scheduled in December. One on Saturday afternoon, one on Friday night, one on Thursday night and one on Saturday night. All of them will air on the full CBC network.
The games in bold were national telecasts. The Oct. 9 game was available to NS (CBHT) and PEI (CBCT). The Oct. 23 game was available to Ottawa (CBOT).

The Jan. 8 game, Boston at Montreal will also be the national game. After that, many Habs games are TBA.

121 - 140 of 141 Posts