Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know, but on my videotron DVR menu, they are showing the habs game for 7:30 to 10:00. Then back to NFL for 10:00 to 11:30.....

Also, last years TSN used to show the NFL games of thursday night and saturday night (which starts in november). I guess we can also say goodbye to those games now, when the damned Habs will play.

I will just stop paying for TSN if they don't show the NFL games like they used to do. No need to pay to watch more and more of that overrated hockey game.

VERY sad day for the NFL fans in Canada.

·
Registered
922 Posts
We will have to wait and see tonight, but it seems that the Habs game will only be on Bell TV.

http://www.tsn.ca/habs/
I do not think that is the case, at least from my Videotron point of view.

TSN-Habs is available on Bell as a dedicated channel, separate from regular TSN and TSN2. For those on other BDUs, TSN-Habs will be preempted into the existing TSN programming, for today's case it is the MNF.

I am now nervous that the Alouette game on 29 October will be preempted by TSN-Habs, even though NB Josh said it may not be the case. Even if the game is shown in the home market, those not in Quebec and not on Bell will get the Canadiens instead, according to that TSN press release.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I don't know, but on my videotron DVR menu, they are showing the habs game for 7:30 to 10:00. Then back to NFL for 10:00 to 11:30.....

Also, last years TSN used to show the NFL games of thursday night and saturday night (which starts in november). I guess we can also say goodbye to those games now, when the damned Habs will play.

I will just stop paying for TSN if they don't show the NFL games like they used to do. No need to pay to watch more and more of that overrated hockey game.

VERY sad day for the NFL fans in Canada.
Am betting NFL games are just going to end up on TSN2 it whatever filler that use to be on TSN2 that going to get bump off!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Rogers Sportsnet has Thursday/Saturday night NFL games. They will all air on the regional channels. In fact the Senators (just using them as an example) games get bumped to Sportsnet Sens when they conflict with Sportsnet's NFL coverage. The reason for this is that Sportsnet can't pre-empt their NFL coverage for NHL coverage.

I'd be shocked if this isn't true of TSN too. You guys have to consider that the Videotron guide may be incorrect. I will probably be able to get a better answer later in the day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh yea you are right about the Thursday and Saturday games, it's RSN who air them, now i remember :/

I actually sent an e-mail to TSN, and apparently those who have Videotron will have the NFL game tonight ! (Even for ppl in Quebec like me)

''Hi Charles,

Thank you for your response.

I will contact Videotron to have the error corrected. In the meantime, I can assure you that tonight’s Monday Night Football game will air as scheduled on TSN at 8:30 p.m. ET.

Regards,

Simon

TSN Audience Relations''

So seems like the deal with TSN airing the Habs games is only with Bell. But i hope they won't do the same with Videotron in the futur, im worried !

·
Registered
922 Posts
So I asked TSN about the deal with TSN-Habs. It turns out that us Videotroners are actually snubbed, at least for the time being.

Hi XXX,

Thank you for emailing TSN.

The 24 newly acquired Montreal Canadiens games on TSN are not currently available with Videotron. These games are currently available with Bell TV only, however, we are working with other distributors in the Montreal Canadiens region to make the games available to them as well.

In the meantime, these Montreal Canadiens games will not be pre-empting other previously scheduled programming on TSN. So the Monday Night Football, CFL on TSN and UEFA Champions League games you mentioned will not be pre-empted.

TSN is aware of some issues with Videotron's on-screen listings guide and we are in the process of having those issues corrected. In the meantime, please feel free to check TSN's broadcast schedule at TSN.ca (http://www.tsn.ca/broadcast/schedule/?channel=tsn).

Regards,
Simon
TSN Audience Relations

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well i sure hope they don't make a deal with Videotron too. If you want to watch the Habs, at least you can watch them on RDS, yes i know it's french and you speak english, but still, you can have the game.

For the NFL fans, if TSN via Videotron also starts to air the Habs instead of the Monday Night Football, there is just no other way to get the MNF, no alternative at all.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
TSN will almost certainly make a deal with Videotron; however, the games will air on an alternate digital channel, they will not air on the main TSN feed. Those with analog cable won't get the games in English.

Videotron simply made a mistake with their guide. The information was incorrect.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
YAY

I would rather have it from a Canadian station but the at least I see it.
I think your mistaking what is happening this evening with CI, TSN-A should be made available and used in the NHLCI package in Canada, as preference is always given to the Canadian feed, which isn't what is happening tonight (they are using the FSN Arizona feed). Unless a provider opts to give both home and away feeds, which they are able to do if they so choose, everyone in Canada is supposed to be seeing the game feed.

Interestingly, the TSN feed has replaced the RDS feed on NHL Gamecentre Live.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I think your mistaking what is happening this evening with CI, TSN-A should be made available and used in the NHLCI package in Canada, as preference is always given to the Canadian feed, which isn't what is happening tonight (they are using the FSN Arizona feed).

Interestingly, the TSN feed has replaced the RDS feed on NHL Gamecentre Live.
Dave Randorff gave a breakdown of the deal at the top of the TSN-A broadcast. 4 year regional rights deal, 24 games, 12 home and 12 away, all in HD.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Its a subject for a different thread, but the provider only needs the right to show the game with the BDU in the local territory of the team. They do not have to do so for out of market games via the NHLCI package.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I am not talking about that. I am talking about since the channels are Canadian. They might have to have the rights meaning they have an agreement with the channel to show the game.

The only Canadian channels that CI has ever showed games for me were games on the Sportsnets which Shaw has an agreement with them so maybe that is the reason why we get FSArizona feed and not the TSN Alternate feed for last night's game.

41 - 60 of 141 Posts