Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else excited to get their own copy of Tron: Legacy today?

I know I am. I was perhaps a little too excited. I stormed into Future Shop last night, only to realize I was a day early. D'oh. :confused::mad:

Anyway, today is the day, and the only question is which version to buy. Decisions.

From the bottom of the foodchain working the way up:

DVD: 17.99 – bleh, who wants just dvd now?
DVD/Blu-Ray combo: 27.99
DVD/Blu-Ray/3D/Digital Copy 4 disc combo: 34.99
DVD/Blu-Ray/3D/Digital Copy + Original Tron 5 disc combo: 59.99
DVD/Blu-Ray/3D/Digital/Original 5 disc collectors edition (includes displayable glowing disc case): 79.99 (this might be a FS exclusive)

The original Tron by itself is 22.99 DVD, and 27.99 for the DVD/Blu-Ray combo.

I honestly don't know which I should buy. :p

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well I don't go for the gimick sets with all the extra's I just want the movie, I picked up my copy today along with Inception.

Came with a free poster haven't looked at it but if its a good movie poster and not some lame promo poster then I'll hang it in my Home theater.

·
Registered
828 Posts
It took me ten minutes to realize they didn't have the combo that I wanted:

3 -Disc
Tron Blu-ray + Tron Legacy Blu-ray + Bonus disc with all Tron/Legacy featurettes

I'm curious as to which combo pack is the most popular?

·
Registered
96 Posts
So I watched Tron Legacy last night, this is the best HT movie I've ever seen the LFE is constantly going all channels are engaged and the visuals are stunning.

This is what Home theater was built for.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dm, that's odd. I didn't see the collector's edition (with the case) listed on Amazon. The $59.99 version I noticed there was just the 5-disc version that bundled the original movie with it.

Regarding which combo is the most popular, I have no idea. Despite being the OP of this thread and being as excited as it was, I opted for the basic $27.99 2-disc version. I had them all in hand the other night and they all had the same "extra features" included for Tron: Legacy.

I rationalized that I could probably pick up the original movie sometime later on BR, perhaps even cheaper. (I'd already bought the original twice previously on DVD. I think I can wait). I don't care one iota about 3D. And I didn't even think I'd make use of the "digital copy". So for me the 2-disc had everything I wanted, at least in the short term.

(The $79 "collector's edition" was neat, and tempting until I learned that the displayable glowing disc was all you get for a "case". I hate it when they do that. I would've preferred the trinket, AND a regular blu-ray case to put on the shelf with my movie collection. Oh well.)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
This is the one I bought for $59.99...although it appears to be gone right now.

Tron: Legacy - 5 Disc BD Combo Pack with special packaging (3D BD+2D BD+DVD+DIGITAL COPY+Tron:;The Original Classic Special Edition BD) [Blu-ray]
Sold by: Amazon.ca, Inc.

It has the glowing disk that you can put on the display holder.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Walmart has a special edition that comes with a cheap looking Light Cycle. It looks like it cost 99 cents to manufacture.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Why does disney always do the combo thing? I only want the Blu Ray but it is not an option. I don't want a DVD or a digital copy.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Same here. All I want is the BD. No Digital copy as I throw them in the garbage anyway and I cetainly don't want the DVD. Im not sure if there is a BD only Tron out there. At least they aren't flipper disc's anymore thank god.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What Disney is doing is very smart, Most people today still require DVD there are still more DVD users than Blu Ray disc.

So this way a person can get both in 1 package so when they do upgrade they can avoid a re-purchase issue. Also lots of people have portable DVD players for kids etc.. and most disney movies are kids movies.

This weekend my kids watched that Princess and the frog movie, I bought the blu ray with the DVD copy. While we were watching the Masters on my main system the kids were still able to watch there movie using the DVD copy on there TV upstairs.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
comes with a cheap looking Light Cycle. It looks like it cost 99 cents to manufacture.
Maybe it did, but its the same consistent design as the rest of the die-cast line (which were sold at ~$3-4 a piece). Its just another light cycle in a different color.

·
Registered
185 Posts
DVD Copy

The DVD copy is a blessing. We only have BluRay in our home theater so on the road, kids bedroom, at the camp etc. it is a must. Good Job Disney and others who have the foresight to include the DVD!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Anyone else used it with the Second Screen app?

I like the idea, and prefer it to having stuff going on on screen during the movie but I think they need to work on the way you move from item to item.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts