Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's back to New Orleans in the second season of David Simon and Eric Overmyer's critically acclaimed, Treme. Continuing to follow a group of resilient residents attempting to rebuild their lives through the music and cultural traditions that make them, and the city, unique.

Season 2 of Treme picks up approximately eight months after the end of Season 1 (or 14 months after Katrina). While the rest of the country has turned its attention to new crises away from the Gulf (which has yet to be ravaged by oil spills), high levels of crime and dwindling federal support threaten the livelihood of a proud, defiant community, determined to press forward.

As in the first season, real-life personalities and artists continue to add authenticity to the series and the stay true to the New Orleans locale. Season 2 cameos include singer John Boutté (whose "Treme Song" is the series signature theme); singer/guitarists Shawn Colvin, John Hiatt, Steve Earle and Walter "Wolfman" Washington; rappers Juvenile, Big Freedia and Katey Red; guitarists Tommy Malone and Paul Sanchez; trumpeters Kermit Ruffins and Christian Scott; trombonist Mark Mullins; pianist Tom McDermott; musical groups the Subdudes, Bonerama, Galactic, the Rebirth Brass Band, the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, and the Hot 8 Brass Band; and others.

Returning cast regulars include Wendell Pierce, Khandi Alexander, Clarke Peters, Rob Brown, Steve Zahn, Kim Dickens, Academy Award® and Golden Globe® winner Melissa Leo, Michiel Huisman, Lucia Micarelli, David Morse, and India Ennenga. Joining the cast for Season 2 is Jon Seda as Nelson Hidalgo, a high-spirited young entrepreneur from Texas.

All episodes of Treme will be broadcast in High Definition.

Treme airs Sunday, April 24 at 10 p.m. ET/MT on HBO Canada.

·
Super Moderator
56,506 Posts
I'm looking forward to the second season. I enjoyed the first, although I had to turn on CC to be able to catch more of the dialogue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts