Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just Recovered a USB drive that I Used on my Bell TV Receiver (Which has the same folder and file types as DISH) And I want to transfer some recordings, I have some Random folders with names that seem like someone just pressed a couple random letters on the keyboard, I used a Linux Reader and they are recordings of Cartoons I want to transfer to MP4 So i can watch them on my computer, Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
There are some devices that can record the component video and optical audio outputs. The Hauppauge HD PVR is one that I've used in the past. It's recordings are in MPEG4. That assumes the receiver has component video outputs. Some of the newer ones may not.

·
Super Moderator
56,972 Posts
The files are encrypted and can only be viewed on the Bell PVRs. As stated above, you would have to record any programming in real time using a DVD recorder (480i) or an Hauppauge HTPC using component video. You cannot simply view them directly on a computer.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
The best option might be to transfer the recordings to a new USB drive for watching on the Bell receiver. If it's a PVR, the recordings can be transferred to the internal drive and back out to a new external drive. If it's a receiver with no internal drive, cloning the recovered drive or using Linux to copy the recording files to a new USB drive formatted by the Bell receiver may work. I've had success with that but it was a few years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts