Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Help!
Purchased an IPOD Touch 32 for my wife at XMAS.
Copied all her music, photos, added APPs without major difficulties.

My Problem: I purchased a "Mahjong" game my wife likes using the ITunes store. The purchase was made using my computer and the game was downloaded into the ITunes Library APPs (left side of the screen) under IPOD games.
Under DEVICES (also on left side) , when selecting Ipod and then APPS (Top of screen),
I get the content of my IPOD (connected to the USB port of my computer), however, the "Mahjong" icon is not there. "Synchronize" does not work.

Question: How do I move the game from the "ITunes library" to the IPOD ?

I tried finding an answer on Google but there seems to be many versions of IPOD, and the displays shown do not always correspond to my newer version.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I just lost $4.99!

Message: "You already purchased this game...." cannot download!

Even if I could re-purchase, I would not risk another $4.99.
There are many "free" Mahjong games available.....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weird! The game is no longer in the APPS store (computer or IPOD).
The game was: MAHJONG from Electronic Arts at $4.99.
On GOOGLE the game exists and was developped in 2006.
Perhaps they discovered a problem when played on the newer IPOD Touch....
I will wait, the game might re-appear in the APPS store, I will then try what you suggested!
Thanks anyway.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
If you purchased it via your computer, it should still be on your computer and available for syncing.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just some obvious stuff, but you did scroll right to check the extra screens of apps, and in iTunes you went to your device and checked the App tab for it?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just received confirmation of purchases from Itunes.
Sent a message to Itunes under "Report a problem"....maybe they will reply.
Yes, I checked ALL Game APPS in the App store. Even the free ones.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Go into iTunes. Click on store in menu and then Check for Downloads. If you bought it and its not in the apps section of iTunes then you probably haven't downloaded it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hugh

As mentioned in my first post, the game was downloaded and shows up (left side) under:
Library/APPS. As you mentioned, I had checked if my purchases where in in my Itune store downloads.
Shown : Majong Electronic Arts 5.99. (Purchased Dec 30th 2010)

This App no longer appears in the ITunes Games APPs (Sold or free)
Going back to what is shown in my Library/Apps (left side of screen),
The categories displayed:
-APPs IPhone - IPOD touch -IPAD, I find Such Apps as Google Earth...
-APPS IPhone - IPOD Touch, I find such Apps as Weather Network...
-IPOD Games -IPOD Nano, IPOD Classic, IPOD 5th Gen, I find Mahjong....(not synch'd)
Perhaps the problem has to do that the game is not supposed to work on IPOD Touch...
But why as it dissapeared from the APPs store?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
A company can choose to stop selling an app so its quite possible that you just bought on the last day or two of sales.

EA recently reduced many apps to 99 cents. My guess is they discount, remove and then they will put a new version on sale at the old price.

FWIW, if you downloaded it then it should be on your computer unless you deleted it. To my knowledge, Apple can`t delete it from your computer. You may wish to check your recycle bin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts