Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help. A couple months ago i set up my onkyo 708 receiver to my tv. So i have my rogers PVR going to my receiver and with a single hdmi cable going to the tv. Issue i have is when i am watching cable tv, the tv shuts off after a couple hours of tv watching. The receiver stays on but the tv needs to be powered back on. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
544 Posts
There is probably a power saving timer setting that shuts your tv off after a predetermined time of inactivity. My tv is set to shut off after 5 hours of inactivity however it displays a message at 5 min. before shut down so I just hit the volume and it resets timer.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
As mentioned by Jaygeetee, most TVs have user menu options to turn TVs off after a period of inactivity (if you don't use the TV's remote, then it may shut off after say 3 hours, or some other predetermined time as mentioned above). There may or may not be a warning before this happens.

Many TVs have another option wherein the TV will turn off after a preset time (something like 10 minutes) if it doesn't get a signal. There is often a warning before this happens. I have this option "on" on my TV and the previous one "off" since I also use my TV as a monitor and my remote for the TV is not kept nearby - I don't even want a "warning" disrupting my viewing after 3 hours.

Here's a post useful for those new to the forum - FAQs, Search Tips, Optimization, etc:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

1 - 3 of 3 Posts