Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toronto's Z103.5 this week launched the “Cory Kimm and Ami A. Show” which can be heard every weekday morning from 5:30 to 9 a.m. Cory and Ami have worked together since 2009 and previously held the afternoon drive position at 102.3 Now Radio in Edmonton.

Prior to that Cory was with Curve 94.3 in Winnipeg, Kiss and CHUM-FM in Toronto. Ami has worked in television and 100.3 the Bear in Edmonton.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Actually Z103.5 is from Orangeville Ontario but abandoned the local area and now acts like a Toronto station because their signal covers the GTA.Typical get a license to serve local area and go after the money from Toronto ad market.

·
Banned
844 Posts
Actually, I believe Toronto was their target market all along. Not sure why they applied for a license for an Orangeville station- perhaps the CRTC wouldn't grant a Toronto based license?!

Speaking of abandoning, back in the day this station aired a lot of dance music (which is why I listened to it), now it seems to have done away with that and become another station airing Top 40 garbage. I guess Dance is too niche a genre to dedicate an entire station to?! :rolleyes: I wonder how long before Flow 93.5 switches from Urban music to Top 40?!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
No when it first licensed around 1980 it was for a local Orangeville station and was called DC 103.Because of where the tower is on such high ground covered a large area and slowly shifted to a GTA station.There were even conplaints to the CRTC from the other station owners when they opened Toronto Ad. offices.So the original need for a local station was an excuse to get a license for the GTA.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
i like their transmitter is loated in orangeville.

i sometimes travel outside the gta, and can catch z103.5 station really good up in arthur, teviotdale, mildmay, clifford, etc. the radio stations with toronto transmitters not so well outside the gta.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts