Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently ordered Fibe TV but found it rather difficult to find out online whether my area was enabled, as such I decided to create a Google map at http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e....665978,-79.387486&spn=0.012526,0.033023&z=16 showing install sites

If anyone replies to this thread with their postal code I'll add a flag to the map to show the status, there is only me on there for now, orange indicates the service is ordered but not installed, green will be up and running, red will mean service is not available yet

If you prefer, just PM me the Postal Code or a rough address (not exact)

If this has already been done by someone let me know and I'll delete this one

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've added one no-go location. I used purple to indicate this as I couldn't find a red option for the flag. That location does have Fibe 25

As an aside, I'd suggest calling Bell on the number off their page, rather than just using the online tool to check availability, as it varies (and the online tool doesn't work without a landline)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A couple of new locations where service is installed have been added to the map

If anyone knows how to save a Google Map so it starts by displaying on a larger scale, let me know. I can't get it to show all the locations. I'm going to try putting the link from Google at the larger scale in here and see if that makes a difference

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...3.668865,-79.442139&spn=0.20041,0.528374&z=12

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the map thing! I've got Fibe TV since last week at M4M2J9 (Broadview and Gerrard). The install took 2 hours - my house is already set up with Cat5 throughout, but they installed a new demarc box and did a lot of testing. They mentioned that six other people "in the neighbourhood" have FibeTV.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks, will update the map after my install date tomorrow. Not been online properly this week due to watching jays

·
Registered
136 Posts
Got direct mailing from Bell today in M4V 2G9 for FibeTV. I would assume that means it is available though wouldn't put it past them to just blanket downtown hoping for some interest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dalmond, I'm only goimg to update with completed/scheduled installs or denials

dfm, I'm not sure, though there is at one install confirmation near you, slightly north east

Rockin_Zombie....added

·
Registered
166 Posts
@dfm: This is what I got on FibeTV.ca with your postal code:

Good news, Bell Fibe TV is now available in your area.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Fibe TV availability

Just checked out Bell's Fibe TV site again and it now has a tab to check availability. In talking to serveral people before I was told that it should be available in my area before end of year. Today when I check by entering phone & postal code it says in 2 years. What a difference. Must be having major problems rolling it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dufferin/Queen installed

Installed Last week and it's working perfectly.... better picture quality than old Expressvu system and no more snow/rain fade!!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wil be updating tomorrow night, sorry I've been too busy watching tv lately to keep up to date

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does anyone know when it will be available at M6B 2E8? Dufferin and Glencairn Area, cant wait till it is available so that I can order it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
@upsdriver - go to the Fibe TV website and put in your phone number and postal code - it will tell you if Fibe TV is available to you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts