Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its that time of year again, Spring is in full swing and Blue Jays Baseball is Back!! Will the Jays compete for a playoff spot this year? Will any of you attend a game this year at the Skydome (Rogers Centre)? Are you at all interested or excited about the upcoming Jays season.. Thoughts?

Blue Jays 2011 Opening Day Roster:

Blue Jays 2011 Single Game Ticket Prices:

The Jays have sold out there opening day game against Minnesota this Friday, and with the Leafs and Raptors all but finished I really hope they win to encourage the fans to come back for the next 2 games in the series and beyond.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I'm not really for the simple fact that the Jays have once again lost another great pitcher in Shawn Marcum plus some other quality talent. I'm tired of losing all the top talent to teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Braves and Dodgers.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm a big baseball fan and always get excited about the start of the new season. I watch all the teams not just the Jays, although I always cheer for the Jays. If they finish 3rd in their division, I would say they had a good year.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Can't believe how fast the home opener sold out. Impossible to get tickets to that game for reasonable prices!

Go jays go!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Although being optimistic would be to hope the Jays finish 3rd in the division this year, i think they're going to be very good within the next 5 years. They have a great farm system and guys like Drebek, JP Arencibia and Brett Lawrie all are very good young prospects. Team should be fun this year though.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Can't believe how fast the home opener sold out. Impossible to get tickets to that game for reasonable prices!

Go jays go!
It's been like that for the last couple of years now. They really promote the season opener to fill the place, and the weekend will busy as well since they are running freebies for fans showing up ot the park. Bobblehead day (Sunday) ALWAYS draws a crowd.

·
Registered
971 Posts
As long as Boston and NY spend money like drunken sailors, I have no hope the Jays will ever compete in the Eastern Division. I hope i'm wrong, but unless either NY or Boston have major breakdowns, I can't see the Jays competing.:confused:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I think Tampa has shown that it is possible to compete with Boston and New York if you draft well, but the window is very short. I think Tampa's window has already closed after just 3 seasons with Pena, Garza and Crawford moving on.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
well TB had no money to go to when those guys needed raises. TOR has Rogers and the rhetoric is that they will open the wallets when need be.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
OK, seriously, what is up with the guy working the score bug today on Sportsnet. I have seen at least 4 instances where he has had the improper count/outs listed during this game. I had to go online just now to try and figure out where this phantom out in the top of the 7th came from, and of course, it didn't happen.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Also can someone explain to me WHY is tomorrows Jays/Red Sox game an 11AM EASTERN start? It cant be because of Habs/Bruins at 7pm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts