Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I know its a long time til it starts in the US but does anyone know whether SPACE will carry the new season of Torchwood? i see that CBC is showing TW and DW again late at night but for the past couple years SPACE has had the new shows. They talk about TW a lot on their web site but they dont actully say that they'll show the new eppies.

·
Registered
488 Posts
we probably will not find out for a while
but if I had to guess I would say movie central or super channel because all of the shows from Starz seem to air on those channels

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh mike thats a good point about Torchwood being on Starz now so that might change where it shows up in Canada. Gee I hope it isn't on SC becuz we don't get that! Oh well I guess we'll find a way to get it somehow...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
A bit off topic, but did you know Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who?:p

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I think that Torchwood will stay on Space because it is still the same thing and is co-produced by BBC. The only difference is Starz has been added as a co-producer and it mostly takes place in the US.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Torchwood is located in Cardiff, Wales - not the U.S. Did I miss the intent of your reply?

·
Super Moderator
16,874 Posts
Torchwood Marathon July 1

Space is showing back-to-back episodes beginning with episode 1 "Everything Changes" at 9 a.m. eastern. Set your PVRs if you want to catch any missed episodes.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just saw a commercial on space for torchwood miracle day and it had " AN ALL - NEW SEASON IN HD" in it along with a saturday july the 9th start date. Could it be that SPACE will soon be in High Definition??????????????

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Wow...I thought this series was finished! Was it a planned comeback or was it revived some how?

Looking forward to the new season!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The writer, Russell Davies, always had a fourth series planned but the BBC didn't want to pick up the entire cost. Starz eventually came up with some funding and the co-production was announced in June 2010.

·
Registered
137 Posts
We can only HOPE that ad does mean Space is going HD and in just in time for new Torchwood! We've waited too long for a new season and getting in HD would be a pleasant surprise. :p

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I just saw a commercial on space for torchwood miracle day and it had " AN ALL - NEW SEASON IN HD" in it along with a saturday july the 9th start date. Could it be that SPACE will soon be in High Definition??????????????
Was that an ad made by Space itself or was it just a generic ad that Space was using? I've noticed more generic ads on Bell Media channels since Bell took over. It looks like they are taking a cheap way out by not bothering to make their own ads and using the American ads instead when possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts