Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
DLing the new episode right now. Looking forward to it. BTW, it's not the beginning of "season 2". The new episodes are still part of season 2 that has already aired. They shot 8 episodes for season 2, then History bought 6 more, so they saved two, and will air the six as season "2.5".

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah, wondering about Season 2. I liked season 1 quite a bit, and I do feel that perhaps they've needed time to find their feet, but I understand the concerns people have. Thing is, I think this show would have done better moreso as a spinoff than a direct copy. Keep some of the same elements like the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car and challenges, but change it up a bit for more of an American flavour. That trilogy of hosts with Tim Allen, Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld is a good idea, but probably too expensive for their budget, but we can dream can't we? :) I have to admit that it being on the History channel puzzles me though. It's not exactly History channel material unless we start seeing more classic cars like on the UK Topgear. So far it seems to have lean more toward modern cars.

Heck, I'd even like to see Leno expand his Jay Leno's Garage site into a TV show. The clips on there, especially of his older cars like the steam cars are quite entertaining.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts