Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this belongs as part of a previous discussion or a new thread for a new season.....

Has anyone else caught the start of season 16 of Top Gear (BBC version)?

The Three Wise Men is typical fare for that series. Not bad, great landscapes, and as usual they managed to offend a lot of people. No surprice, but you have to admire how they do so with style and tongue firmly in cheek.

However, episode one has a lot of good stuff, including a LOT of slams on the Stig! Wow! I know they are playing it up, but Wow! They are working it for all they got!!

Watching these in the same few days as watching the US version (thanks to being on holidays while the GF did not get time off) really lets one see the differences between series. I am looking forward to the rest of the BBC series 16.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm not surprised how much time they spent ripping on the Stig. I loved Hamster shooting him in the back. I'd be a little upset with how Ben Collins handled things if I was one of the hosts. It'll be interesting to see if the new Stig was the one from the "Three Wise Men" or one from the Stig farm.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/stig-farm-exclusive-2010-11-5

My only complaint? Having to wait until Jan 23 for the next episode.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Does Clarkson's neck injury in Japan count as a head injury? If so, then it might explain the overall behaviour of all three of them! :)

I can understand Ben Collins' frustration over the part he played. You're an anonymous driver who gets paid only a part of the salary offered to the other three hosts despite being of equal importance, and you can never reveal yourself in public or get any proper credit for your work. You can't even put your current job position on your freakin' resume as long as you remain employed! How the heck do you explain what you've been doing for the last seven years?

Anyway, The Stig is a gimmick. It doesn't have to be the same professional racing driver all the time. Find someone of equal skill every few years, and very few people will ever notice there was a switch-over.

Well, unless a female Stig is hired. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts