Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
@TB4XSBW

Well last i checked (yesterday) i do have the new icon for crave but opening it on the Samsung it still shows up as CraveTV (orange coloured lettering/background) I do not get
any of the new things like LIVETV for the movie network. The current version number for the TV software is 1231.

I have a newer AppleTV box though and i now use that if i want to access Crave. Everything works fine and all features are there for the new Crave.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I wonder what they're planning on doing/saying about the Samsung Smart TVs older than 2014 that still used TMN Go, and are now saying "A new Crave app is coming soon to this platform!" when you log into TMN Go. Shouldn't they have just put something up saying "The new Crave app will not support Samsung Smart TVs older than 2014, we apologize" or something like that, rather than getting our hopes up until they inevitably just remove the TMN Go app from our TVs and not do anything else?

Or do they plan on pushing the new Crave app out to the older models as well? The official statement said 2014-2018 TVs, but maybe they are deciding on giving it to all platforms?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Their website says that the new app is available on Samsung TVs now, but Blintok and I still have the old app on our 2016 TVs. Also, there are several people on reddit saying they have the new app on 2014 and older Samsung TVs. That's strange.

·
Super Moderator
16,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
It sounds like they might be having problems with certain models. An Apple TV 3 user also had the new logo and the old app and found they had to delete the app and reinstall it.

I know it's a different platform, but it might be worth a try. On the other hand if it doesn't reinstall, you might not be able to access even the old Crave from that TV.

You could tweet them with the year and model of your TV - they seem to respond, but I'm not sure they have a fix.

·
Registered
29 Posts
On Samsung TVs, we don't have the option of uninstalling the Crave TV app. Only thing we can do is "reinstall" the app, which I think just clears the cache. Anyways, I tried it and I still get the old app.

I contacted their support on Twitter and they are looking into it.

·
Super Moderator
16,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
CraveHelp tweeted this about 30 minutes ago in response to a question.
the new Crave app on Samsung TVs has rolled out. If you are not seeing the new content please send us a DM and we can help you to troubleshoot.
It's probably worth trying on an pre-2014 TV to see if it works.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have a 2013 Samsung UN55F9000 TV, and the latest Crave has been present on that TV for several days now. However, this TV was updated with an updated Evolution Kit in early 2016, which completely updated the software and operating system. I'm not sure whether the App would be available for non updated 2013 models.

·
Registered
207 Posts
ehhhhh, CraveTV was terrible before re-branding and TMN used to be much better when it was TMN Action, TMN FUN ....

I am going to cancel it soon and get it back next year by end of game of thrones season 8. Being able to get Crave TV without Cable and having SHOWTIME contents are good improvements though.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I emailed Crave inquiring when/if my 2012 Samsung Smart TV (UN55ES6100) would be getting the Crave app (note that it did not have Crave prior to the TMN change but it did have TMN Go). This is the response I received:

We apologize for any inconvenience that you ay be experiencing with Crave. As of November 15th, we have started rolling out the updates for supported devices. Updates are being rolled out in stages to work on each platform that we support. We don’t have a specific time frame of when the update would be available on your Samsung Smart TV but rest assured that it will be available soon. We suggest that you check our FAQs for the latest updates on the app release.
To me that sounds like my older TV WILL be getting the new Crave app, eventually. Hopefully if anyone else reading this has a TV from that year/model, this will be a little more comfort to them, I guess we just have to be patient.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 2013 model year Samsung plasma and have the new blue icon but old orange interface that does not function also, as of this morning.

·
Registered
56 Posts
As an update to my previous post, I had contacted Cravehelp via Twitter direct message. After a back and forth they finally answered my question and the Crave Smart TV app will only function on 2014 and newer TVs.
I subsequently asked if older TVs will ever be supported and have as yet to receive a reply.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I think it is up to Samsung to update the app not Crave Tv. Luckily my Samsung 4K was updated automatically but it is only 2 years old.

·
Registered
458 Posts
One thing i have noticed about the "Live" movies. If i check Zapt2it and the Samsung TV Crave, what is showing as playing is different and not accurate.
When i look at Crave from a Win10 computer or an iOS device (iPhone or Apple TV) they show what is actually playing. I will check later to see if the listings in
the Optik TV guide is different from the Crave app.

seems strange that what is "live" would be different.

ok. just checked the Telus guide for Crave. (cant actually watch Crave on Telus but can see guide listing) There is a difference of 2 hrs btwn the Crave Win10 app and Telus.
For example, on Crave 2 "A Bad Moms Christmas" shows it playing from 1510 to 1700. On Telus Bad moms not starting until 1710. In the Win10 app the movie is playing. Cant see anyplace to check and set timezone. How can Telus and Crave app "live" tv be so different?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Blintok for some reason your movie channels East and West in Canada are diff. by 2 hrs. Here in the States its 3 hrs. I don't know why its 2 hrs. in Canada. If anything I think it would be 4 hrs. b'cuz you have more time zones than we do! (well except for Ak and HI but the TV ppl don't think about them much.) You are in BC so you see the West feed but the Crave website would be Eastern time I guess.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
It's most likely due to one of the original movie services being located in Alberta and the other in Ontario. TMN (now Crave) acquired the other movie service several years ago.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts