Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an commercial yesterday about The Movie Network on demand. It said it is free if you subscribe to The Movie Network. I can't find this channel though. I am not talking about the movies that are on demand and you pay for. I am talking about The Movie Network On Demand. Or did I misunderstand this commercial.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you subcribe to TMN on Bell TV you can watch TMN movies on your computer through Bell's watch online feature.

First you log in to your Bell Account,click SHOP,click TV,click "Already a Bell customer".

Then click "Watch movies or TV show online".

You can also watch "Family,YTV,Playhouse Disney,HBO,Treehouse" programs if you subscribe to them.

It would be nice if Bell would have dedicated channels so we could watch on our TV's.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I can't find this channel though.
There is no channel for TMN on Demand on Bell Satellite TV. It's only available online through Bell TV Online.

As Ronn88 noted, you must be a Bell Customer who subscribes to TMN via Bell in order to gain access to this.

While Bell may call it TMN on Demand, a more accurate description might be TMN on Demand Online.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I have deleted a lot of posts that were discussing cable on demand service.

The poster was asking about Bell's On Demand and where to find it.

The fact that Bell On Demand is not the same as a Cable company's VOD service and that is superior to another is not relevant to this thread and off topic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So... I have TMN but not TMN Encore. when i use the website i see all the movies for both TMN and TMN Encore. IS there any way to filter out TMN Encore movies?? i don't won't to have to scroll thru a bunch of movies that I'm not even able to watch!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
There is no channel for TMN on Demand on Bell Satellite TV. It's only available online through Bell TV Online.

As Ronn88 noted, you must be a Bell Customer who subscribes to TMN via Bell in order to gain access to this.

While Bell may call it TMN on Demand, a more accurate description might be TMN on Demand Online.
Actually, that is incorrect. There is TMN on Demand for Bell Satellite TV, but you must meet certain conditions to have it available.

First and foremost, you need to subscribe to TMN - The Movie Network in your package. Secondly, you need a 9141 or 9400 HDPVR receiver, Thirdly, the receiver must be connected to a suitable speed broadband internet Modem, using a Direct Ethernet Wire, or a pair of Power Line Ethernet Adaptors which send Ethernet Signals over your Hydro Wiring, or a Bell Wifi Adaptor, which gives Wi-Fi connectivity to your receiver when Ethernet and connects to your Modem's Wifi for when Powerline or Hard wired ethernet are not suitable.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yes I know Hugh's post is an older post. I also knew it was incorrect information because things have changed since then or as President Trump likes to call it: Fake News

As for the other guys question I would love to give an answer but I dunno. Maybe he can try the Bell On Demand and see of it filters out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
movie_maniac, I thought if you subscribed to TMN you alway received TMN Encore but you could always subscribe to TMN Encore separately but you couldn't subscribe to TMN without TMN Encore.

·
Super Moderator
56,566 Posts
With Rogers, there is a "TMN pack" (without Encore, with HBO) a separate "Encore pack" or a "combined pack" with TMN and Encore & HBO and perhaps others. So it may depend on the service provider.

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
TMN Encore was unbundled from the other TMN channels many years ago. Some BDUs kept offering then as a single package but most BDUs have broken them into separate offerings. Since the CRTC pick and pay ruling, they most likely must be offered separately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts